Friday, March 2, 2012

New Obsession

Sometimes kids are so funny. It cracks me up what I find in their desks. I don't look through their desks very often, if at all, but I asked them to clean them out on Friday due to a school preview day coming up. A few of my students didn't really understand the task apparently. What makes me laugh is the amount of children who have accumulated a lovely rock collection in their desks. No wonder they can't fit anything else in them (!) they are full of rocks! 
A handful of my students have decided to spend their recess time crushing rocks out on the playground in order to find crystals. This wouldn't be a problem except that the school secretary has asked that they stop due to the amount of students coming in bleeding from cutting themselves while breaking the rocks apart. Well I guess they are back at it again. So funny.

 

Do you remember playing with random things in your desk growing up?

No comments: