Thursday, February 2, 2012

Multiplication

       I decided this year that my 3rd grade students needed to start working on multiplication facts early on. For the first several months of school we had "Multiplication Mondays." Most of the students really looked forward to this time. I took the unit on multiplication and spread it out over every Monday. I found this helpful because it gave the students a good amount of time to learn each math fact family.
       At this point many of the students are slowing down in how much they practice their multiplication. About 1/3rd of the class has finished x1-x12. I'm so proud of them. Each of them received a gift certificate for Baskin Robbins. I make a big deal about it. I want to make sure they know how proud I am of them. Those who are finished have moved on to division facts. Woo Hoo!!

No comments: