Thursday, July 21, 2011

Let the count down begin

It is crazy to think that July is over half way through. 
School is starting in less than a month! 
Ahh! 
Don't panic! 
You can do this!
Take a deep breath. 
Ok, now let's think about this. What do you need to do to be prepared for the school year?

I don't know about you, but I am totally a list person. I love lists! The joy I get when I can cross something off my list is huge!
So today, as I'm feeling overwhelmed and don't know where to start in my classroom, I am going to make a list of things to accomplish. The list has to be realistic.

25 days till school starts list:
  • Year at a glance - 75% complete
  • put away stack of papers
  • "Skeleton" Back 2 School Packet
Part of being realistic in your lists before school starts is knowing that you won't necessarily be able to finish a task in one day.  For instance, yesterday I was working on the daily schedule for my classroom. I still don't know the exact times on my pull-outs so I was able to get about 75% of it finished. For now that is awesome! Today I most likely won't finish my year at a glance, but 75% of it is a great start. And when I go to finish it later it won't take me too long.
So, my words of wisdom for today are don't stress out. Take it one step at a time. You can't eat an elephant all in one bite (hopefully you won't eat an elephant at all). You have to eat it one bite at a time.

{Now it is time for me to take my own advice.}

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Well I didn't quite finish all the things on my list, but I'm pleased with what I did get done! Yay! I didn't get to the stack of papers. I'll just have to tackle that today.